Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dancing in the Changing Room

Stay tuned for the news of the week...

First on today's news - supposedly PetSmart Obedience School is going to help us teach Katie to ring a bell when she has to pee. How cool would that be? But I'm a little dubious, if only because Katie does really well with her lessons - when she wants to. But it sure would beat cleaning the carpet over and over while I try to get a handle on whatever signal she's sending. So far though, she's getting pretty good at her name and sit.

Coming up next, silly grad student dances in the Old Navy dressing room - find out why. But first a word from our corporate sponsors.

(Wait... I don't have any sponsors!?!? Bummer! Alright then, back to the news.)

Saturday afternoon found one silly grad student (that'd be me...) dancing around the dressing room at Old Navy. Why? After working all summer to be able to eat a balanced diet, and working out three times a week with my trainer for several weeks, I am now a size 16!!!! I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I was a size 16, but the last time I went clothes shopping, back in March, I was a 22! I was so stoked, that I didn't care if anyone saw me dancing like an idiot. Plus, this puts me one step closer to riding around town on a brand new Honda Shadow! Only 35 more pounds to go! So hopefully, by the time winter is over here (February or something, I think), I'll be saddled up and ready to go!

In other news, stock prices in the sleep industry are now sky high, as it becomes an increasingly rare and precious commodity. But I found out that the Grad School has a tradition called Cease Fire Weekend, where teachers don't hand out homework to be done that weekend! It's the first weekend in October, and I can't wait.

Well, I guess that's about all the news for now. We're going to take Katie to the dog park tonight (Lexington has 3 public dog parks with fenced in areas... super cool), so I'd better get some homework done.

1 comment:

Maria H. Andersen said...

Congrats on the hard-fought weight loss... wish I was so lucky.

Also... how cool is a Ceasefire weekend! Didn't have that when I was in grad school... oh wait... that was Christmas vacation.